Please apply for a visa for Vietnam one or two weeks in advance to avoid unwanted troubles or urgent fee.
1. Visa extensions are often done with about 1 week on your ongoing visa, and after 2 times extensions, you must get a new visa. The visa extensions fee often changing, so check carefully when you plan your travel itinerary
2. In case, you are exempted from visa for Vietnam, and want to stay longer than your allowed time, the fee for Visa extensions is quite expensive (75-95USD), so keep in mind this when you plan your travel itinerary, You'd better apply for 1month or 3months visa before you travel to Vietnam.
3. Tourist visas allow visitors to enter and exit Vietnam at Hanoi, HCMC and Danang airports or at any of its twelve land borders, three each with Cambodia and China, and six with Laos.
4. Only citizens of certain countries can visit Vietnam without Vietnam Visa. Those countries include: most citizens of ASEAN countries are no need Vietnam entry visa for visiting Vietnam within 30 days; citizens of Korea, Japan, Russia & Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland passport holders) are no need visa to Vietnam for visiting Vietnam within 15 days. All other citizens are required to get Visa Vietnam before departure (Vietnam entry visa issued prior to departure by Vietnamese consulates or embassies) or a pre-approved Vietnam Visa (visa is issued on arrival at Vietnam International Airports) supplied before arrival in Vietnam.
5. Vietnam visas are valid for single entry or multi entry 30-day and 3months stay. Arranging the paperwork for a Vietnamese visa has become fairly straightforward, and you no need time-consuming with visa on arrival at airport.
6. It is possible to arrange a visa on arrival through a Vietnamese travel agent. They will need passport details in advance and will send a confirmation for the visa to be issued at your airport of arrival. In Asia the best place to pick up a Vietnamese visa is Cambodia, where it and can be arranged the same day. Bangkok is also a popular place as many agents offer cheap packages with an airline ticket and visa.
6. If you plan to spend more than a month in Vietnam, or if you plan to exit Vietnam and enter again from Cambodia or Laos, or arrange a three-month multiple-Visa.